POPS GUSTAV, Jersey City NJ1) When bra commercials could only use mannequins as models
2) Watching LAUGH-IN and having a vague idea that there was some reason it was naughty
3) Being mad that the Watergate hearings pre-empted my afternoon cartoons
4) UHF / VHF, rabbit ears and no remote control
5) Walter Cronkite and Huntley / Brinkley (my folks didn’t do ABC News)
6) Wee Willie Weber’s Colorful Cartoon Club (see #3) on WPHL-17
7) Knowing I was up too late if I heard THE TONIGHT SHOW theme coming from my parents’ bedroom.
8) Watching the moon landing and wondering why it wasn't in color, why the reception was so poor and what the fuss was about since Woody Woodpecker had already been to the moon.
9) Sneaking downstairs after bedtime to watch Benny Hill and Monty Python, but with a good idea why they were naughty.
10) Stations signing off for the night.
Dr. Shock on Saturday afternoon on WPHL 17! He was awesome!
Post a Comment